There is very little information for the state of Montana. They do offer the Executive Clemency. However in this state, to petition for a clemency you must satisfactorily prove that you are innocent of the crime which you have served time for and submit new evidence showing justification for your innocence. There are no time periods in which to petition. The individual cannot apply for a pardon unless the offense has been commuted or discharged. The board will consider the nature of the crime, the judge, the community, and the victim’s comments, or whether the applicant poses a threat to society.

back to US States Information